The following is a list of suggestions to help you care for your flowers.
- As soon as you receive your flowers, place all the bunches / bouquets / or single roses in buckets with cool and fresh water (if you want leave the carton around the buds) for at least 1 hour before using the flowers (flowers need time to hydrate).
- Store your flowers in a cool place, away from sunlight or other heat sources (never use freezers, or home refrigerators) while the flowers / roses are hydrating.
- Once you are ready to arrange your roses /flowers, open the carton and cut the stems diagonally, at least 1 inch, with a sharp knife. (Do not let the cut edge dry up before placing the flower into the container with water).
- Always use a clean vase.
- Always use cool clean and fresh water to fill the vase.
- Dissolve the “Flower Food” powder, if included in the box, in the water (please follow instructions on the back of the flower food package) Please note that some products do not come with flower food, only those mentioned on product description.
- Remove all the leaves that are below the water level, this will help to reduce the build up of bacteria. (Leaves left underwater will rot and bacteria will build up, shortening the life of the flowers).
- Remove the outside petals of roses (if you want).
- It is recommended to change the water of the vase once every two days. Keep your flowers away from sunlight or other heat sources; the cooler the temperature, the slower the flowers will open.
- Enjoy your Flowers!